Your Butt pain issue is not so much your shocks as it is your seat.
None of these factory seats are conducive to longer rides for the
average ass. A week after I bought my SV650 I replaced the soft OEM
seat with a custom Sargent Seat. I couldn't ride more than 20 minutes
with the OEM, now it hours and hours. It's actually a very firm seat
which allows you to move around on the seat rather than sink into it
like a couch. I've been planning on a Corbin for my Nighthawk, I just
haven't pulled the trigger on it yet since I only put Sunday miles on
her. I'm still gonna do it, though,

Undoubtedly, the suspension on our vintage Nighthawks pretty much
sucks in comparison to most of today's bikes. I'm having new fork
springs built for my NH right now from Sonic Springs. They'll have a .
90 spring rate to match my weight and loading. That, coupled with 10
or 15w oil will really help the front end. The rears I was planning on
running the Progressives. Suspension improvements are money well
spent. You'll fall in love with your bike again!

Tim