I have a Plexifairing 2 on my NH 750 and I did notice an increase in
wind noise with my full coverage helmet after installing it. Using
earplugs has made all the difference though. I have none of the wind
fatigue from the buffeting on the arms and chest, and I can still hear
all the sounds around me. When I wear my spare open face helmet I
don't get the wind noise, but I feel more safe and comfortable on long
rides with the full coverage one.

 I think it has to do with the way the air circulation around the
shield curls the airflow over and into the sides of the helmet (where
your ears happen to be) so that the sound of wind is somehow
magnified. With an open face helmet, air is already flowing around
your face and ears, so the extra wind velocity doesn't sound much
different.