I good place to buy *good* earplugs, not just the regular foam "block
everythings" is guitar stores. Most sell higher quality plugs designed to
block certain frequencies or just drop levels by a specified amount of
decibels.  The past few years I've realized that I'm getting to be an old
foagie and have to wear earplugs to the metal concerts if I want to be able
to hear anything the next 3 days. A good set of plugs still lets you hear
what you want to without completely blocking everything. I've been happy
with Hear-O's earplugs myself.

-Kyle