I've done it both ways. To be honest, going out and starting your bike
during the winter can be a big fat pain. I tried that once and it failed
pretty badly. For starters, the bike was in the back of the garage, and
exhaust was a problem because the blower for our heater unit is in the
garage too! Also, it was just too darn cold sometimes and I would tend to
forget.

My current house (which is only two years old) has an enclosed closet-type
room *inside *the garage where our electric hot water heater lives. If I
close the doors of this little "room" over the winter, it stays about 50
degrees in there just from the heat of the water heater. So my motorcycle
battery as well as my two travel trailer batteries live there for the
winter.

Paul

<http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers>
Paul LeBoutillier