I don't take the battery out of my car during unused periods....I just
disconnect the battery cables.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gene Henry
  To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 6:43 AM
  Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Cycle batteries in winter

  If you take the battery out of your car during unused periods, you certainly
should take it out of your cycle.
  You don't take the battery out of your car?..............................

  Put a battery charger-maintainer on it and forget it.  Or periodically start
and run it long enough to fully recharge it.  A battery is a battery, in a car
or a cycle.  I prefer the charger-maintainer.  It doesn't forget............