So I am going to paint my 1983 650.  The fun part about winter in MN
and motorcycles is that when it is too cold to ride you have plenty of
time for these "projects".  If it was always warm I would never have
time to do anything to a motorcycle.  I am going to have a tank liner
baked in first and the process can be hard on the paint. The tank
clear coat is pretty shot and the rest of the paint is showing its
age. It is currently blue and I am thinking of going yellow.  My
question is should I attempt to do this myself, or bite the bullet and
pay to have it done right?  This is never going to be a show bike and
I have a decent spray gun.  However, I have never painted plastic
before (side covers and such) and have very limited experience
painting anything.  Part of me wants to give it a shot because I think
it will be fun.  The other part of me does not want a crappy paint
job.  Anyone try this at home?  Any suggestions?