No sidestand switch on these bikes. One of the things I did test while in
the parking lot was the clutch switch. Disconnecting the wires to the switch
and holding them together while trying to start it made no difference. I
guess what I'll have to do when I get the chance is begin at the starter
relay and work my way up to the starter button from there. I'm still
thinking a short or open somewhere for it to die while riding like that...

-Kyle