The official policy at Honda is "if it's there, leave it.. don't add anything
either" The purpose is to keep oil at the pump pick-up at all times. Hard
acceleration, hard braking. Fix a little now or a lot later. (whole lot)

--- On Mon, 4/13/09, ty <tybowers9...@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: ty <tybowers9...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] oil pan baffle
To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 6:07 PM

I had a small leak around the oil pan on my 86 CB700 so I removed the
pan and replaced the gasket. I didnt realize that after reassembling
the pan and pipes I had forgotten to replace the small baffle plate
inside the oil pan. To anyone in the know, how critical is the baffle
plate for the oil circulation? Should I disassemble and restart?
please help with advise?