I fixed the leak!! I took the leaky Corvair steering box out of
saddle bag. I put the leaker in the saddle bag to take it to Socal
speed shop in hopes of getting a rebuilt box, no such luck. I failed
to remove the leaky box from the bag so the bottom of my right saddle
bag is now a gear oil swamp. The gear oil leaked out of a seam in the
bag exactly over the axle spacer on the brake shoe side of the rear
wheel. Before I "fixed" the leak I did some ebay shopping for 650
Nighthawk parts. There is currently at least two 650SCs being parted
out on ebay, a ton of parts and the prices seem pretty reasonable.
Jay