I still can't give you an answer on that one. I mentioned that I
ground out my original pegs to go from 1 inch to 1 1/4 inch in hopes
that I could mount them on the Nighthawk frame. That didn't work, so I
ordered new pegs and planned to put them on the 1 inch crash bars
(i.e. engine guards). Instead of shipping me highway pegs, JC Whitney
sent me a fuel filter, so i had to send it back to them, and they are
supposed to send me the highway pegs I ordered. It's a slow process,
and I don't have the highway pegs yet.  Normally I'm happy with the
service from JC Whitney, but I'm not too happy with the pace of this
replacement. After I explained to them that they shipped me the wrong
part, It took them about 2 weeks to send me a retun shipping label,
which allows you to send it back to them. That was about a week and a
half ago, and they still have no record of recieving it. When you
order something from them, they send it out via Fed Ex, but on
returns, they seem to use the slowest possible postal service, which
is a little perturbing, since this was their mistake. I'd think they
would want to keep me happy after their own screw-up, but apparently
this is not a priority.

But you didn't ask for my rant on Customer Service, just about the
footpegs. So I'll stop here and let you know how they work, if and
when I recieve them.