I doubt putting it down like you described would damage anything serious (I did
the same and only bent my brake lever on the handlebars, and mine went down
pretty hard).  I would, however, keep an eye on the tire wear over the next
several thousand miles to see if it's wearing unevenly, which might indicate
something out of alignment.  It's VERY unlikely, but worth monitoring, imo.