I put a center stand on my '03 750 when I bought it in Fall '08.  It
was the Honda OEM stand, and I got it from Cycle Parts Warehouse.  I
just checked again, and they still have it listed for $114.30.
Shipping was not included in that, but it added ~$14 for both the
stand and the engine guards which I also purchased. The installation
was fairly easy, with installing the spring the only real challenge
(it's fairly stiff, and having to do it laying on the ground (no lift)
is bit difficult).  I think I did need my wife to help, as I seem to
remember it was a two person job (again, no lift).  No modifications
to the exhaust were necessary- at least for the '03 and similar years.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.

- (the other) Matt, in Maryland