you are in bad need of a tune up...you are prolly running way too rich
or way too lean...you also might have a blocked line in the carb
itself...  i recommend rebuilding the carbs to factory specs...but
before that, does it smoke at idle?  can you accelerate slowly to
above 15mph/4000 rpms?...is the choke on???  how high or low do you
have the idle set?  do you let it warm up for 10ish mins before going?
did he do anything to the mixture adjustment or float height?  I would
seriously look at running carb cleaner through it or maybe fogging it
with seafoam...the carbs could be really gummed up (especially if the
dealer sold it with a brake sticking) who knows what else might be
going on with it...