Years ago I had a similar problem with my V45 Sabre, After riding 30-40 miles
on a hot day the bike wouldn't start. My mechanic diagnosed it as "vapor lock".
After waiting 30 minutes it was fine.  Said the remedy was to fill tank only
2/3 full.  I also noticed I rarely had the problem when I used Shell fuel.....

DON SIMPSON
93' 750 NIGHTHAWK
West Central IN