I've used to different brands of high heat paint on exhausts. Some work really well, others not so well. Joe, I know, would rather not use paint. He's a purest when it comes to his 700S's, right Joe? I would rather try and restore the black chrome but if I can't I'll paint them - which will be part of my next project, Graham