gravity fed, no enrichener circuit

On Jan 14, 2012, at 5:24 PM, surfswab wrote:

+1 on enrichener circuit.  Or a vacuum leak maybe.

Gravity-fed or fuel pump?

On Jan 14, 1:15 pm, Graham Rogers <grahamjoanrog...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have cleaned the carbs on a 454 and the bike runs great - when I can
get it started.  No matter what the temperature is (at least so far
this winter) I have to spray a real small shot of starting fluid into
each air cleaner intake to get the bike started.  It won't take any
choke.  In fact the choke just 'chokes' it.  Without using the choke,
even in 40 degree 'garage temp', just the smallest shot of fluid and
the bike starts right up and quickly settles in to a nice idle.  It
will start again as often as I try it,  without starting fluid, until
it's completely cold (like next day), and then it's back to starting
fluid to get it going again.  Any suggestions as to what's going on?
It has new air filters, new oil and plugs.  It wasn't running when I
bought the bike a couple of weeks ago.  Graham

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers +unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/ group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.