I have a feeling that your no-start-without-throttle issue and any power
delivery issues you've encountered are likely separate.

Have you made any recent adjustments to the carburetors, cables or idle?
Are you using the cold start lever when you try to start the bike, and if
so how much? I find that with temperatures above 40F, if I use full lever
then the bike starts more roughly than if I only crack it halfway or so.

Too much fuel can cause starting and running issues just as surely as too
little fuel can.

-Kurt