You know - a lot of the diesel locomotives I've worked on / with /
around at the various tourist railroads and museums I've been too have
a tendency to smoke - why - they hardly ever get worked. Pulling a 4-6
car passenger train at 10 MPH is the railroad version of being in
second gear at 1/4 throttle. Not terribly hard on the rigging (to
throw a sailing phrase in)
           So this one time we were headed up a hill, the engineer
decided to 'clear the carbon out' - notched the throttle all the way
up to 8th notch (for those that don't know, thats all the way open on
the majority of diesels) and left the brakes on as we went up the
hill. Long story made short, she shot some black crap out the exhaust
the likes of which I hadn't seen before.
          Yes - it ran so much better after that :-)
           -Joey

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Hawaii Sean <sfox...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> That reminds me of this time in college......  anyway - I borrowed a
> friends (female) car to drive about 40 miles each way.  It was a big
> block Chevy of some sort, I punched it on the freeway and a huge cloud
> of black smoke came out of the exhaust.  I thought the engine had
> blown up but the car ran really great.  I took it back to her and the
> next morning on the way to breakfast she asked me what I had done to
> her car - it was running so much better.
>
> Sean
>
> On May 17, 5:05 pm, Javier Garcia <jajgar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Paul,
>>
>> not to diminish the wonders of seafoam, but sometimes the machines just
>> need to be ridden hard. Back home I had a '78 bug. It was my baby and in
>> perfect condition. My first trip to the US was for about two months, so I
>> left it with a friend of mine. When I came back, I took it for a ride and
>> it was running like crap. I asked to the guy's wife, who was also my friend
>> "what the hell did he do to my car?". She replied annoyed "everything! he
>> was so afraid about your car, that he hand washed every two days, changed
>> the oil like 10 times, constantly checked everything... and the worse is
>> that he never rode it faster than 20 mph!".  It was a Sunday, so no
>> traffic. I took it down the mountain where I used to live. 10 miles going
>> down like a maniac, then 10 miles coming back up the mountain, with the gas
>> pedal on the floor. When I got back home you could barely tell if the
>> engine was running.
>>
>> Javier.
>>

>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Paul <p...@hondanighthawks.net> wrote:
>> > *Just had to tell you guys about this. My daughter is getting ready to
>> > sell her 1994 Nissan Pickup just before getting married next month, and so
>> > I took it out for test drive since she wanted my help selling it. It ran
>> > ROUGH, especially in lower gears. Hesitating, jerking, etc. Definitely felt
>> > like carb issues.*
>> > *
>> > *
>> > *So, I ran down to the auto parts store and picked up a can of SeaFoam.
>> > [super hero music enters here] Poured the can into the gas tank and then
>> > put about 10 gallons of fuel in before taking it out on the freeway to open
>> > it up. We went about 2 miles on the freeway and by the time we took the
>> > off-ramp the pickup was running smoothly again.*
>> > *
>> > *
>> > *Another satisfied customer. [?]
>> > *
>> > *
>> > **
>>
>> > Paul LeBoutillier *
>> > *www.hondanighthawks.net*
>>
>> >  --
>>

>>  35C.png
>> < 1KViewDownload

-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow