What is the mileage? Any marks from being dropped like on the pipes or
mirrors? Does the tach still work? All of this and any other condition
issue will work against you. Personally $3000 is about top price unless you
get someone who "HAS" to have that bike. For $3k I'd expect new tires,
chain/sprockets, and NO condition issues at all, maybe some upgrades like
progressive springs, UNI filter, and stainless brake lines. My 92 sold for
$2000 and it had all of those mods along with a jet kit, crash bars with
highway pegs, and heated grips, but it had 35K miles and a broken tach.