For what it is worth.
   I could not agree with you more on the engine displacement overkill. Too
much for its intended purpose. And such low gearing...
   Ahhh the price with rear hydraulic brakes and fuel injection.
   N.H. 2003 in mint conditon with 8k miles sold for 2450 from a HD dealer
here in the Midwest.
    Who knows what goes on in the minds of those upstairs?
  I wonder what it would cost to change our rear brakes to hydraulic?