> 12 hours? Bad traffic?

What you mean? There is always bad traffic on the East Coast! No, but I
took it slow and went through the back roads. I did it previously on my
cbr1000f, which is a lot more comfy than the NH, and with short stops for
gas and drinks I did it in 9hrs, but it was though.

> I find that the first day of riding is as good as it gets, but but
> declines from then on. Based on:
> Shadow.... Route 66
> DR 650..... Chicago - Mexico explore.

That worries me. I have never done multi-days touring, and I am planning to
ride Boston-California in the Fall. I won't be taking the NH though.

Javier.