Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 06:52:12 -0800
From: "JOSHI, Prasad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Help needed for selecting micro/macro lens [v04.n163/27]
Message: 27

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a micro/macro lens, since the only lens I own
Nikon
28-200 isn't useful for close up shots of flowers etc.

I have 3 choices in mind :
1. Nikon AF 60mm f/2.8 D Micro
2. Nikon AF 105mm f/2.8 D Micro
3. Tamron SPAF 90mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1
After reading other discussions on the same subject I am leaning towards

Tamron, because I can probably use this one even for portraits.
Any comments, suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Happy Holidays,
- - Prasad
<<<

Umm, sorry, you can use all three for portaits.  However, you may be
happier with the results from either the 105 or the 90 focal length
lenses.

As for flowers, you should choose between the 105 and the 90.  These
lenses provide a greater working distance.

Jim