Ashok,

here are the answers you're looking for:

>1. There is a small slide switch on top of the prism which when
moved/pushed
>makes a red LED glow. I presume this is a battery check. Am I correct.

Yes, you are correct. But, there's more to it. If you close the eyepiece
with the provided lever, then the LED on the top of the prism lights up if
the zero led in the viewfinder lights. This way you can adjust the exposure
without constantly having to open and close the eyepiece.

>2. How do I take multiple exposures.

Press the rewind button on the bottom plate. Advance the wind lever, it
won't advance the film. But, at the end of the lever stroke, the sprocket
will move slightly, so keep the button pressed while you advance the film.
After you're done with multiple exposures for that frame, put a lens cap on,
advance the lever once (to disengage the button) and fire one blank shot at
1/2000 s and f/16 or 22 (whichever is smaller), with eyepiece closed.

>3. How do I remove the prism. (I know that should start by pressing a small
>button on the back of camera to left of the prism but this alone does not
>seem to do the job).
>
>4. There is lever on the right side on the prism (when viewed from the back
>of the camera) what does this do.

Press the prism downward, to relieve the pressure that the rubber seal
around the prism edge exerts. While pressing the prism down, press the
little silver button on the left of the eyepiece, and hold it. Then press
the lever on the right side of the prism toward the prism, and then rotate
it down. Now the prism is unlocked, you can lift it off. To reattach, just
press down firmly. The silver button also holds the focusing screen in
place, and the two notches in the screen frame should go left (to mate with
the retaining stubs that retract when the silver button is pressed).

>5. I have heard that F2 allows metering and shutter timings beyond the 1
>second marked on the shutter speed dial. How does one achieve this.

Yes, set the collar around the shutter release to T (time exposure). Set the
shutter speed to B. Cock the self-timer to the desired time (marked in
seconds: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10). Press the shutter button instead of the little
silver button above the self-timer lever. This will release the first
shutter curtain, and the self-timer will close the second. You can even
meter these long times: set the speed to B, this corresponds to 2 s (marked
above shutter speed scale in orange digits). If you need longer time than 2
s, press the silber button in the middle of the ASA dial and rotate. The
times are marked 2, 4, and 8. The mark for 10 s is the dot.

One more thong: you can use the intermediate shutter speeds in the green
range (1/125 s to 1/2000 s). Don't set 1/2000 s past its click stop, because
the shutter speed will drop significantly, and this is allowed by the slight
play in the prism shutter speed dial that connects to the body one.

Hope this helps.

Vladan Dugaric,
BEG Finsoft,
Belgrade, Serbia, Yugoslavia