Hi:

        I purchased an old MF Nikkor lens to go with my F2A:  it's a 50mm
f/1.4, with the markings on  the front of the lens that read,  "Nikkor-S.C.
Auto",  with manufacturing number 1414733.  It's a non-AI lens that was
converted to AI at a Nikon factory, an operation which I do not believe they
do anymore.  Anyways, I wanted to know the qualities of this lens, if any of
you have had any prior experience with this lens, any information about the
S.C. Auto series would be appreciated.
        Also, I am looking into purchasing a telephoto zoom lens, looking in
the 80-200mm range.  I looked at the old MF Nikkor 80-200 f/4, and found
that in every case the zoom mechanism was extremely loose and would
unintentionally slide down the barrel of the lens with the slightest
provocation.  Also for about the same price (canadian) I have seen the
Tokina 80-200mm f/2.8, which felt like it was just built a whole lot better
then the Nikkor, but optically, I don't know how these two lenses perform.
Can anyone enlighten me?

thanks
joshua