F> Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:03:03 +0900
F> From: "Fernando, G.S.K." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
F> Subject: F100 [v04.n178/16]
F> Message: 16

F> F100 is on show in camera shops in Nagoya, with a
F> price tag 171,000/ Yen.

This is 10% off MSRP, which seems to be standard at the big
Japanese chains currently.  There is a bit more discount
effectively at these places of an additional 10% or so, due to
their 'point cards' - an explanation exists on my page amongst
other places, whose URL I note at the bottom.  The price should
come down in due time; the timing influenced by popularity (AKA
supply and demand).  The lowest price I have seen is 152k yen
but they sold out the first time.

http://www.sanpou.co.jp/fr/frpr0200.html

I played around with F100 a few times at the stores, trying not
to drool too much.  It is really attractive for folks like me
who found F5 a bit too hefty, both in terms of physical size and
the price.  It feels solid yet light.  Release feels smooth and
quiet.  The viewfinder is easy to see, feels bright and the red
focus point thing is nice too.  Oops, sorry for repeating the
stuff you have probably heard many times already.  Got a bit
carried away here.

According to the shop people, it's been doing well (but too
early to really tell, of course.)  I will wait a bit before I
take the plunge, if I can stop myself :-)
---
Ken Aoki                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.tky.3web.ne.jp/~kxa/camera-japan.html