The photographs came back. I have shot with Fuji Superia 200 and 400,
and the Kodak GPX 160 Pro. As stated before most of my shots in the snow
were taken with a +1EV compensation. Some were taken without any
compensation. The Fuji film was more forgiving (understand up to 2
EV)and the photos turned out with a slight over exposure. The Kodak 160
was dead accurate it showed a clear over exposure. I gave instructions
for the lab to adjust the color tone where necessary. I guess the lab
also compensated for the over-exposure on the Fuji. But the Kodak 160
Pro film was very sensitive and the +1EV was evident. The lab could not
do much to compensate. My subjects are mostly in the center of the
picture and forms about 30% to 70% of the picture. The rest being snow.
In short the F5 RGB metering was accurate in all my pictures. Where
there was a +1EV compensation it allowed it. Where there was no
compensation the picture were bright and clear. I am more confident of
the F5's RGB meter, I can trust it for all my shots even in the snow. I
remember reading in Moose's F5 site that he trust the F5 RGB meter
completely.
There was some discussion about the F5 strap. The F5 looks good on its
own, most straps will look great with the F5. But it is a heavy camera
especially with some of the heavier lenses. It is more practical to get
a neoprene or similar type padded strap like the Optech Pro Loop. It
will distribute the weight over a larger area and the elasticity of the
strap will reduce the loads induced by motion. Over all less fatigue on
the neck or shoulders. It also look great with the F5. The wine color
strap which came with the F5 is pretty but not as comfortable. My 2
cents.
Happy holidays!

KP