Alexander Muzinov wrote:
> I've got new 85/1.8 AFD recently and I'm very disappointed with it's
> mechanical quality. When I shake it I clearly feel that something is
> shaking inside. I've shot a test roll and the result looks good. It's
> made in Japan, not in China. I have several AF lenses but non of
> them has that behaviour.

> The question is whether it is normal or it should be changed even
> if it's OK optically?

I'm not in the habit of shaking my lenses, but I gave my 85/1.8 AFD
a good shake, and there is something moving there.  I wouldn't
worry about mine, and would suggest that you shoot with it until it
breaks, if it ever will.  All of mine exhibit a bit of this, with the
exception of the 180 AF (older model, non-D).

do svedania,

Tim