On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:28:09 +0300 Alexander Murzinov wrote:

> I've got new 85/1.8 AFD recently and I'm very disappointed with it's
> mechanical quality. When I shake it I clearly feel that something is
> shaking inside.

I put this very question to the list about a year ago, as I found the
same thing to be happening with my (then) new 85/1.8.  All the replies
were to the effect that this is perfectly normal.  Forget about it
and enjoy the lens -- it's razor sharp.

(I'm assuming that when you shake it you can hear something inside
the barrel moving slightly, as if there's something loose in there.
If your shake isn't like this, there may be a real problem.)

Bye,
Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.NetworX.ie