This is a question regarding the use of SB-28 along with N70. The SB-28
manual (reference: T8B1500401(5400)11) talks only about giving intentional
flash compensation in Standard TTL mode (see page 72). However I have found
that it is possible to give intentional flash compensation even when the
flash mode is set to "Automatic Balanced fill flash with TTL multi sensor ",
though the manual does not explicitly say so.  From this I assumed  the
following:

Intentional flash compensation when  the flash mode is set to " Automatic
Balanced fill flash with TTL multi sensor ":  In this case I assume that
camera calculates the compensation to give a balanced fill flash and the
intentional flash compensation given is added to this.

Intentional flash compensation when the flash mode is set to " Standard TTL
": In this case I assume that camera  does NOT DO  any flash compensation on
its own. The flash compensation given will change the flash out level by
that amount with respect to the ambient light. (As an example , if -1EV
flash compensation is given, the flash output will be 1 EV less than the
ambient light.)

I will be thankful if someone knowledgeable can confirm my assumptions.

Regards