>Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 16:08:19 PST
>From: Michael Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re:  The F60 vs. ?" [v04.n180/21] [v04.n182/2] [v04.n184/1]
>Message: 1
>
>On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:25:02 -0600 Barton Stanley wrote:
>
>> The second thing
>> that bugs me is that it is not possible to set the film speed on the N60.
>> It reads the DX-encoded film cartridge, and sets the speed itself.
>
>My Pentax A3000 also has this problem and I overcome it by painting over
>the DX encodings on the film canister with a black felt-tip marker (pen).
>This makes the film be non-DX, so the camera can't use this information.
>I then simply set the film speed manually on the camera.  This is how
>I do exposure compensation on this camera, which is basically a
>brain-dead specimen intended for simple point-and-shoot operation.

If I'm not wrong the F60/N60 has no possibility to use non-dx-coded film at
all. I think there's no way to set any ISO rate manually! Should I be
wrong, correct me. Actually I would love to be corrected, so finally I
could advice my girlfriend to trade her Canon for the F60. I know doing
your trick was possible on the F50, I don't think it will work on the F60
any longer.

Good shooting,

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Spekner
Franz-Nabl-Institut für Literaturforschung
(Franz-Nabl-Institute for Literary Research)
Humboldtstrasse 9
A-8010 Graz
Austria