Sorry if this seems to be a bit off topic, I don't think it actually is:
I was wondering if anybody of you has profound information on the behavior
of Nikon cameras run by microprocessors on Jan. 1. 2000? There's a lot of
talking about embedded chips and about ten percent of them having a problem
with the year 2000.
So what do sentences like the following mean after that day? "The new
software improves the AF capability", etc.
I heard a lot of guessing and betting and would really love to get some
profound informations eventually. Does the Year 2000 problem effect the
operation of cameras like the F5, the F90X or my humble F-601??? I have
still 356 days to get my answers (maybe even from Nikon, if they give me
honest ones). Then it'll be learning by doing or not-doing.

Greetings

wolfgang

----------
Wolfgang Spekner
 Franz-Nabl-Institut für Literaturforschung
[Franz-Nabl-Institute for Literary Research]
 Humboldtstrasse 9
 A-8010 Graz
 Austria
Tel. ++43/316/685269