>I am considering a tele-zoom lens for the F90x I am going
>to buy. Either:
>
>Nikkor AF 180/f2.8D IF-ED
>Nikkor AF 80-200/f2.8D
>Sigma 70-200/f2.8 APO EX HSM
>
>As you can see I consider only fast lenses. Does any of you have
>experience with any of these? Are they easy handholdable with the F90x?
>
>How do the Nikkors compare in terms of sharpness and price? Will I
>loose 3D metering with the Sigma? How does the autofocus perform
>with the Sigma?

dear Thomas
I have the Nikkor AF 180, I've used extensively the Nikkor AF 80-200 and
I know the older 70-210 non HSM sigma zoom.
I don't like very much Sigma lenses in general because of their build quality.
The old 70-210/2.8 is a solid and sharp lens but it has a diminutive and
clunky aperture ring
and giving is slight price advantage over the Nikon I do not suggest you to
buy it.
The Nikkor AF 80-200/2.8 D "n" is a very good lens: focuses fast AF with
the F5 and decently with others AF bodies (F90x, F70 and F4); very good
contrast and sharpness
in almost all light conditions even wide open. Probably sharper than the
OLD sigma wide open.
Both share the same disadvantage: heavy weight and bulk.
If this is a major issue for you or you don't really need a zoom go for the
180: it is
a wonderful lens, very sharp at all apertures and distances and sharper
than the zooms
at least at wide apertures. AF is not so speedy but it is relatively
lightweight and small.
hope this helps

Massimiliano Marchetti

web page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8043