Greetings Christian,

I'm not sure why you are looking to the telephoto lenses for architectural
photography.  Most of the architectural photography I've done & seen over
the years has been done with lenses ranging from 20mm to 85mm when using a
35mm camera.  I would recommend looking at the 28mm or 35mm PC (perspective
control) lenses from Nikon.  They are manual focus lenses, but they will
take care of most of the distortion you might run across.  In the medium
format arena, Mamiya makes a PC lens for the RB67/RZ67.  Take a look through
some of the architectural magazines such as Architectural Digest, and you
will see some prime examples of work done with these types of lenses.  A
telephoto lens will compress your perspectives so much that it is normally
unattractive for most architectural work.  You don't have to go to medium or
large format.  You just need to change your perspective.

HTH.  BFN.

John Wilkinson
Okie Shutterbug
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA