>not really a genuine Nikon Question, but I want to use my Tele-Reflexagar
>300mm f5.6 with my F3. I use a Hama M42 to Nikon Adapter and had some
>vignetting in the past. Now I have removed the lens inside the Adapter and
>shortened the adapter and lens that I can focus to infinity again. The only
>problem is, that I still have vignetting.
>
>Does anyone know this particular lens? Can one do something about it? (By
>the way, no filters or shades were used.)

Thomas,

I also have this Hama M42 adapter. The vignetting causes the socket of into the
adapter incorporated lens. This
adapter is usable up to 200 mm focal length. Over 200 mm can happen vignetting. If You
don't need this lens
element in Your adapter, You can carefully remove this socket with help of a file. It
means, You can not put back
more this element. Otherwise this lens is worth nothing, destroyes the sharpness and
contrast highly.
I removed also this lens element becouse I use this adapter with an M42 below unit for
macro work, so I don't want
to focuse infinity.

With best,
Zoltan