Since I can't really justify the additional cost of the SilentWave
version, I'm planning on buying the 80-200 f/2.8D AF, two ring
version.  But I'd like to have a 2X teleconverter.  I see Tamron has a
2X that claims Nikon AF compatibility.  Does it, in fact, have a
drivetrain to drive the AF mechanism?  What about the contacts: Does
it have enough to keep all electronic lens functions operational?  Is
the aperture control coupling precise enough for use in P and S modes?

Lastly, will it optically work well with the 80-200 f/2.8D AF N?

Dan.