Keith Heitzmann asked:

>I have been looking at the 50mm 1.8 because of the price. What would I
loose >by having a non "D" lens?

Do you have or are you planning to buy a Nikon flash? (SB-26,27 or 28) If
you are you might want to consider a "D" lens. Having said that, I have 6
or 7 AF Nikkors that I use on my F90X, F601 or FE with my SB-26, and none
of them are "D" and I don't worry about it.

>Also is the 50mm 1.4 "D" a much better lens than the 50mm 1.8? I mean
>besides being faster.

This has been debated at great length over the years, and if you are really
curious check out the archives there will probably be lots of posts. I
think the general concensus is that if you REALLY don't need the extra
speed, the 1.8 is the way to go. It's smaller, lighter, sharper
(subjective) and much cheaper.

BTW, I have the Nikkor 50mm/1.8 (non D) lens that you were asking about and
I'm very happy with it. I bought it from another list member whom I know
personally.

>I am getting the digest version of this list.  Is this the only way or did
I do >something wrong when I subscribed?

Nope, you did nothing wrong. This is one list that the individual posts are
not an option. Personally, I like it this way, although it is more
difficult to keep current on the threads. This is one reason that I always
cc. the person as you may have noticed.

Terry Graham