>>But, from what I have heard, I also had to consider if an upgrade would
provide any advantage for my personal uses. There are so many
improvements in the N90/N90s, but few of these would affect my
applications. I can't find any specific feature that would be "mission
critical" for my photography. This has made me see considerable merit to
the idea of finding a factory new N6006, and using my older body as my
second. With new N6006 bodies available for less than $350, I might be
able to provide the spare I need, with a design that would meet my needs
for a very long time. The only minus is the battery consumption problem
that is inherent in the N6006, and finding a dealer that still stocks
that body.<<

I have not seen your prior posts, but I wonder why the excellent N70
would not be your next choice below the N90s?  The superior
autofocusing  of the N70 as well as the use of 3D Matrix metering
really  put the N70 far ahead of the 6006.  It sounds like you've had
much advice, I just wonder if the N70 was in there?
Rick