>BTW - best (most ridiculous) thing I've heard on this list in a while was
>someone describing Canon users as "beta testers." What does that make all
>the impatient early F5 buyers who bought F5's with battery problems and
>defective focusing screens? Give me a break.

You are right when you talk about F5 battery and screen problems and I could
add the SB28 autofiring issue and so on
BUT these are bugs that you could simply eliminate with a service repair
I think that you did not understand the concept that you define "ridicolous"
here in a simpler way:
As most Canon users (like myself) know, Canon likes to sports a lot of new
features in their
new bodies and sometimes they apply technologies that needs a lot of
refinements.
THIS IS LOGICAL given its MARKETING goal to provide the latest technology
think of:
AF eye control in the EOS 5 (not used in the EOS 1n)
multizone metering has been improved model by model so each model behave in
its way
the same is for TTL flash metering
AND NOW the 45 points AF module

Massimiliano Marchetti