> Okay, I'm thoroughly confused. As I understand
        > it, the F5 is Nikon's flagship "pro" camera, rugged
        > and sophiscated. The F100 will be (possibly)the
        > replacement for the N90s(x) since it is similiar
        > to the N90, but with more updated abilities. But
        > lighter and less rugged than the F5. (and cheaper,
        > too, I suspect)

        I don't think so.  Just from looking at the F100 specs, I get the
        impression that it's just as rugged as the F5, but stripped down
        for less weight and cost.

        Considering the (almost) concurrent release of the F100 and the
        two fast/quiet AFS lenses, I get the impression that Nikon is a
        little worried about the photojournalist market.

        The F5 is a bit expensive for a working shooter's budget (most
        of the fancy stuff isn't useful enough to justify the bottom line),
        and the N90 doesn't have that 'battle tank' feel that's  lured so
        many PJ's away from the competition in the past.

        It looks to me like Nikon saw a hole in their lineup and plugged
        it with the F100.  It isn't a direct upgrade from either the N90
        or F5.  It's the new F3.

        -Don