Anselm-
Whoa!  I think you will have plenty of lens coverage with the gear
you've got.  Instead of sinking a bunch of money in a specialty lens
like the 16 mm, I would make sure I had: 1) a solid tripod and great
tripod head 2) a circular polarizer 3) loads of film and 4) air time.

*Get the best tripod head you can afford. You will have to buy several
attachment plates eventually, and you might as well start off on the
right foot.  I am sure you have a tripod already, but make sure you
bring it no matter how much trouble it causes packing!

*I love the Nikon CP.  Big Nikon glass is very expensive, buy the
largest size to fit the 80-200 and use step-down rings for the other
lenses.  Liberal use of the polarizer will produce nearly black-blue
skies that make the red rocks look like Mars.

*I have shot Kodachrome, Elite, E100S/E100SW, Provia and Astia in
Canyonlands National Park.  Provia is my universal film choice now.
Don't forget you will have to have all that film processed when you get
home.  I consider this to be the worst part of the post trip hangover.
You might consider having some test rolls processed at the pro-lab in
Moab to make sure everything is working all right.  Not a bad idea to
stop by this lab anyway to see all the great ideas for photos up on the
walls.  With all the risk of monster airport X-rays you might want to
have all of your film processed here if you find a lab you like.

*If you can afford it, charter a flight from the Moab airport.  For a
few hundred dollars you will be astounded at what you can see.  I
recommend a trip down to the Confluence (Green and Colorado Rivers
converge) - over Upheaval Dome (impact crater - think Armageddon) - back
to Arches (well . . . arches), you can do all this in two hours or
less.  The pilot will also have some recommendations, you won't be the
first person they have taken out to see the sights.   If you are really
clever, you will convince the pilot to take the door out of the plane
for you.  No sense spoiling those world-class Nikon optics with a 1/4"
of Cessna Plexiglas.  Make sure they duct tape your seat belt so you
don't fall out reaching for a new roll of film.  Flights over the Grand
Canyon will be much more business like.  Not much chance of wind in your
hair there, but still worthwhile.  If you are shooting through Plexiglas
watch out for killer reflections.  I have ruined entire rolls of film
with my own reflection this way.  Other posters to the list might be
able to suggest a special filter that will reduce the green tinge
shooting through Plexiglas occasionally produces, but I have no idea.
Shooting from an airplane is one place where a 35-70 2.8 is almost
perfect, but the 28-70 would be even better.  I have never had much use
for anything wider than a 24 mm or longer than a 70 mm in the air.  Your
20 mm will probably be too wide (too much airplane) and your 50/60 mm
will be too tight/restrictive (not enough flexibility).  The zoom is
great because you don't want to change lenses too much with an open
door, and the speed is great because wide apertures and resultant fast
shutter speeds help reduce the effect of vibrations inherent to small
planes.  Depth of field isn't really a big issue because everything is
adequately far away (and moving!).  As with any photography, avoid
mid-day flights . . . the light will be too flat.

Feel free to email directly if you would like . . .

Good luck.
Jason