I am planning to purchase my Nikon equipment at the end of this week,
and in doing so, am seriously considering the gray market to attain my
planned outfit.

Questions:
1)  Often, the N70 is listed at a price of around $340-$350
(non-dateback), and I'm guessing this is ACTUALLY the F70.  Is it the
N70 or is it the F70?  Is there any difference?  Is the manual in
english?
Often, they reference N70 USA in that price range as well.  Again, is
this an N70 or F70?

2)  At least in the case of the N70, does the date back offer anything
other than an orange (?) imprinted date?  We've had dateback on various
P&S cameras and on my first SLR over the years, but have probably used
it all of a dozen times if even that, so I'm considering foregoing it.

3)  Is there any disadvantage in buying the Nikon D lenses via gray
market?  I'm really not concerned about the warranty, but do want it to
be the same in terms of every other aspect.  Again, the price
differences have been nothing short of very significant.

4)  For buying Nikon equipment, what are people's opinions of the
various mail order places?  I know B&H is unanimously ranked the
highest, but are also the most pricey.  Has anyone had experiences, good
or bad, with others such as Discovery, Samy's, CCI Camera City, Beach,
21st Century, Coast to Coast, Worldwide, PhotoGraphic, Family Photo &
Video, and Abe's of Maine?

Ross