Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:30:07 +1100
From: Tony Balm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: V4.216/23: flimsy flash feet on NIKON flash etc. [v04.n218/25]
Message: 25

It's not a bad idea to have a weak point to break rather than damage the

camera, this I can accept. What I have trouble accepting is that you
can't buy a new flash foot or other parts for a SB24 & others because
they are older than 6 or 10 years for which parts must be made
available.
My beef - a $20.00 flash foot that CANT be purchased turns into a $600 -

700.00 new flash. Where is the economy in that?
If a flash or other item has designed OR found weak points then there
needs to be a much better arrangement for spare parts & not just by
Nikon but rather the entire industry.
To all the people with equipment over the 6 - 10 years, be warned, parts

are not guaranteed.
<<<

The flash that is most famous for broken feet is the Vivitar 283.  In
fact a cottage industry has been created for the sole purpose of
supplying replacement feet.  (My 283 never suffered a broken foot
though).  The 6 - 10 year parts availability problem though is very real
and not just for feet.

Maybe some interprising souls will setup manufacturing replacement feet.

Jim