> Szinte Balazs wrote:
> I just can't decide what body to buy. My budget would permit an F70, >but
I'm hearing bad things about the interface. I always used my f301
> in A (aperture priority) or manual mode, switching while looking in the
> viewfinder. F70 users, is it possible to make adjustments (switch modes
> for ex.) without removing the eye from the viewfinder?

Hi,

I also allways use the camera in A or M mode. In A mode you can change the
apreture and in M mode you can change apreture and the shutter speed while
still looking through the viewfinder.

You could change one setting (for instance the EV compensation) if you were
shure that the current mode already points to that setting (in this case
+-EV compensation). Then you could press the set button, while looking
through the viewfinder, and turn the wheel to switch to desired EV
compensation (because you can see the changed values in the viewfinder).
For everything else you have to remove the eye from the viewfinder. And you
need both hands to make those adjustments.

I never use the quick recall function.

My general opinion about F70's user interface is: it is not very practical
in some situations, but you can live with it. I think that the F70 has the
best price/performance ratio of all Nikons, so you can save some money for
a good lens. Some months ago I saw a man with an F5 body and an 120$ Tamron
zoom on it.

Bye,

Benjamin.