>Steve,
>I'm having the same problem with my F5 peeling and no one I've spoken to
>seems to know for sure what to do. Someone suggested a drop of rubber
>cement but the peeling's proximity to the front dial makes me nervous
>about that. I called the local repair shop; they hadn't heard of the
>problem and hadn't had much experience with F5's. I'm supposed to bring
>it in but will want a higher level of confidence and/or some guidance
>from Digest readers, before allowing a repair. Let me know if you hear
>anything by private e-mail; I'll do the same.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sam Stern

Steve, Sam, et all:

I had this same problem with one of my F5's a couple months ago. I happened to get it
fixed by NPS at a PJ seminar where they were set up to do clean/check. The tech said
he has seen a few with the same problem of the rubber peeling near the front command
dial. It's caused by lack of glue in the area when the camera was assembled. I would
assume that re-gluing would be covered under the camera warranty. He fixed mine in all
of about a minute. He mentioned that if it happened again, that there is a 2-part glue
available at Home Depot, Lowes etc. (any good hardware store should have it) that
bonds rubber to metal. Unfortunately, the name is escaping me. He did warn me though,
a little dab will do ya! Hope this helps a bit.

Mike

Michael C. Weimar
University of Florida
NPPA Student Chapter President
(352) 372-0293
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://grove.ufl.edu/~mweimar
The box said, "Requires Windows 95 or Better", so I bought a Mac!