Ok, I'll bite:

/snip
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:20:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Bimmer Man <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: F70 Challenge [v04.n289/16]
Message: 16

Whoa! Hold your flames people. My comments on the F70 were just based
on my impressions using one.
/end snip.

No flames intended here, but I do have a couple of comments; (for the
record, I've owned an N/F70 for about 2 years.  I'm not a professional.)

/snip #2
But when I decided to switch to shutter priority for some panning
shots, I had to press a button, spin a dial and then press another
button and then spin the dial again and then press another button to
set the required shutter speed. This wastes time and sacrifices
spontaniety in a big way.
/end snip #2

You've described mode switching well... however, you really had two other
options here.
#1 -- set shutter priority from the get-go and be done with it, or
#2 -- if you wanted to use program mode (for whatever reason), you can bias
the chosen exposure settings just by spinning the command dial.

In either case, (as the command dial sets shutter speed in 'S' mode), you'd
never even need to remove your eye from the viewfinder.

Anyway, as I said, no flames intended.  You are correct in that it does take
some time to go from one mode to another; however, *for me*, that's never
been a problem; I set the camera for the mode that's most appropriate, then
override from there, if needed.

Regards,

JT
(who doesn't speak for Intel, and hates to see the F/N70 maligned).