Hi Dale,

It sounds like you are heading for Europe or the Near East this August and want
to get the prominences this time?  Just a thought ... does that lens have an IR
correction mark?  If so, that should give you an idea.

By the way, I will be on the Vistafjord, in the Black Sea.  This time I will be
shooting with FM2n's instead of Pentax.

Bill

> Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:40:02 -0800
> From: "Dale Ireland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: chromatic aberration graphs [v04.n294/21]
> Message: 21
>
> Hello
> Could someone e-mail me or direct me to a source for a longitudinal
> chromatic aberration graph for the Nikon 500 F/4 EDIF (manual focus)
> I am especially interested in how far away from prime focus in um is the
> focal point for 656.3nm
> Thank you
> Dale Ireland
> Astronomy Page http://www.drdale.com
> Comets, Satellites, Eclipses, Photography, Fabrications
Bill Ronald, Vancouver, B.C.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member - RASC Vancouver Centre
49:15:00 N : 123:10:40 W