Hello Nikoneers.

Does anyone have any news on the light grey AF-S telephoto lenses?

--------------------------

On the F80, I'm just guessing.  But maybe, it would be the replacement
of the F70.

Primary controls might be similar to the F5 and F100. On-off,light
switch with shutter button, Exposure mode button, Wide/spot AF button,
Exposure comp button, DOF preview button, AF-AE lock button, command
dial, sub-command dial all within reach of the right thumb or shutter
finger.

Drive speed, ISO, Flash, Vari-program, self-timer, metering mode, and
rewind via two hand operation.  Push button and turn wheel or push two
buttons to activate.

It might come with built-in 3D Matrix Balanced Fill-Flash, Wide/Spot
AF module, 4fps drive. No PC socket, no computer link capability, and
available in only standard or date-back version.

In short, it will be an F70 with the F5,F100 user interface.

--------------------------

On my lens wish list. Looking at what Nikon could give us with that
smaller than Canon EF, Nikon F-lens mount, I came up with this wish
list.  I revised the 105mm to have an opening of 1.8... because they
were already able to do it.  If Nikon comes up with an 85mm f/1.2 or a
50mm f/1.0 then good.  But working on what they already have and
improve on it, they should be able to come up with the following
lenses in no time.

AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D IF
AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.2D IF
AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D IF
AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.8D IF (I thought 2.0 was their fastest, I forgot
about the 1.8)
AF-S Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED
AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4.0D IF-ED

Happy shooting.