Douglas Miller wrote:
>Sorry to add more fuel to the N70 interface fire, but I can't resist:

Personally, I wish that you could have, as this subject is getting very
tiresome and is wasting a lot of bandwidth. <grin>

>The N70 has unbeatable capability for the price.

I fully agree with you Douglas, IMO the F70 is probably one of the best
cameras for the money. Yes the interface is unique to say the least. But I
think that most people would agree with me when I say that all the benefits
and advantages of this camera far out weight the the user interface.
Althoug the "pinhole camera" comes close, there is no perfect camera IMO,
What I want on a camera will be different than what the rest of you.

 As I said the other day, "If Nikon had to do it over again I'm sure that
they would do things differently." Let's face it! It's done and it can't be
changed, we have to move on. Why do so many people dwell on this?

One of the many things I like about Nikon (and I was a Canon user for 10
years) is that they don't release new models just for the sake of saying
that they have the lastest techno feature in their camera. IMO, Nikon is a
little more methodical about releasing cameras.

Case in point, would anybody care to venture a guess and tell me how many
different versions of the Canon Rebel there are! My friend and I use to
often joke about Canon's flavour of the month. Don't get me wrong, I think
Canon makes great cameras and lenses(no flames please) but to me, they
seemed always to anxious to release a new camera just because they
incorporated a new feature. How would you have felt if you had bought a F70
and then 6 months later they came out with a F70(?) with a different
interface? I'd be choked, the dealers would be pissed off because they
would be stuck with lots of the old version. I have friends that work in
camera stores and they were hesitant about ordering too many Rebels because
they were changing so quickly.

Sorry for the length,

Terry
Terry J. Graham -  Freelance Photographer
Graham Fine Art Photography
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]