------------------------
ZOOM FOR FM

>My girlfriend is searching for a Nikon telezoom for her FM (50/1.8,
Sigma28-70).
>1) 70-210/4 E
>2) 80-200/4.5
>3) 80-200/4
>4) 100-300/5.6

The 8--200/4.5 is the best in this group.  In fact, it is the one that set
the standard for zooms back in it's heyday!  In 1982 the lens was over
$650. It can be had used now for $200 in places.  It is even regarded
higher thn the slightly faster f/4 version.

------------------------------
FASTEST 1.0

>Generally I like fast lenses and use my 50/1.4 and a 28/2 a lot of times,
but a
>lot of times an extra stop would be useful. I usually shoot without tripod
when I
>am doing available light. I know Nikon builds a 50/1.2 and a 58/1.2 Noct,
but I
>don't think the half stop justifies the investment.
>I have heard that Canon builts a 50/1.0, is it possible to use an adaptor
for this
>lens. (Is there a lens inside the adapter, like in my M42 adapter) Has
anyone
>experiences?

If you need the extra stop and cannot push the film or use faster film,
then opt for the Leica 50/1.0 rangefinder lens on the M3 or M6.

------------------------------
HOW TO GET GEAR

>I have about $2,500 saved up for gear or pending in invoices that is ear
>marked for gear.
>I'm considering the following:
>1.  300mm F2.8 AF-S
>2.  80-200mm F2.8 AF-S
>3.  The two TC's to go with the above
>4.  The 28-70mm F2.8 AF-S
>5.  Portable Studio Strobes and a pocket wizard trigger (for illuminating
>gyms and studio work)
>6.  CoolPix 950
>What should I do?

Marry well.  :-)

I LIKE IT HERE

Just want you all to know that I love coming home to find the digest here.
Keep up the great work!

Robert in Redlands