> I recently purchased a used 6006 from KEH camera outlet in Dallas TX while
> on a business trip. When I returned to my hotel room I loaded film in the
> camera and tried to set the DX coding, but kept getting error messages. I
> returned it to KEH and they repaired it at a cost of $80 that they covered.
> Is this an unusual problem or is it fairly common?

Not that I know. I've already had problems, but a cleaning of the
contacts (difficult when the film is already loaded ;-) solved it, no
need for repair.

> Another question I have is how
> helpful would using a Nikon flash with AF assist be?

It depends how often you have to shoot in *really* low light situations.
The AF sensor is pretty sensitive and I have never felt the need for an
assist beam (I also have a third party non AF TTL flash).

> What happened to PC terminals? Gone
> the way of the dinosaur I suppose(along with DOF preview!)

I too wish the N6006 had a DOF preview. For what the PC terminal
concerns, a very cheap PC to hot shoe adapter should solve the problem.

Nicolas.